Here’s the November 2012 edition of Eyes & Ears, a mental health consumer run newsletter for consumers, their friends & family and mental health professionals.
Download and read the November 2012 issue at:
Included in this issue:
* Portland City Council approves plan to control police use of force
* U.S. Attorney’s Office and Civil Rights Division Sign Agreement: Moves Forward on State-Wide Community Mental Health Reform
* Kaiser Becomes First Health Insurer to Cover Autism Treatment; and other Oregon health care reforms
* What Are We Recovering From? Making a Case for Recovery
* Agencies in Multnomah County plan to ramp-up services for homeless as winter approaches
* Kirk Reeves, an icon among local street performers, told friends before his death that he was suicidal
* Lecture series becomes new format at Rethinking Psychiatry meetings
* Coming Events: 2012 Thanksgiving Hot Meal Sites; Benefit concert for Potluck in the Park; Portland Hearing Voices Talent Fair
Besides other news there are a variety of listings of meetings, services, support groups, job opportunities and more.