Here’s the March 2013 edition of Eyes & Ears, a mental health consumer run newsletter for consumers, their friends & family and mental health professionals.
Download and read the March 2013 issue at:
Included in this issue:
* Evidence-Based Mental Health Programs Await Better Funding
* Former Oregon Chief Justice Paul DeMuniz to serve as mediator on Portland Police reforms
* Marijuana PTSD Bill Clears Senate Health Committee
* Extra on the online version with links: ; Sequester news; ACA mental-health plan’s growing pains;
“New Federal Rule Requires Insurers to Offer Mental Health Coverage”; Entry on Mental Illness Added to AP Stylebook; Oregon Legislature Updates from DRO; Who Wants to Save a Junkie? Oregon can, with one simple step. So far, it hasn’t.; and a lot more
* Coming events: Annual Rethinking Psychiatry Film Festival; 2013 NAMIWalk Northwest; Rethinking Psychiatry General Meeting Lecture Series resumes in April
Besides other news there are a variety of listings of meetings, services, support groups, job opportunities and more.