Here’s the February 2013 edition of Eyes &
Ears, a mental health consumer run newsletter for consumers, their friends & family and mental health professionals.
Download and read the February 2013 issue at:
Included in this issue:
* Shootings Push Mental Health Into Spotlight In Salem
* Peer-delivered services draw capacity crowd at statewide conference
* Defining Recovery
* Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP)
* Extra on the online version with links: Federal prosecutors, city oppose Portland police union’s and AMA Coalition’s attempt to intervene in DOJ settlement; Activist David Oaks down but not out; Mike Reese might have been mayor; for now he’d rather be the face of police reform; Legislation would make civil commitment stays lengthier, getting out tougher; 7 New Social Security Rules for 2013; and a lot more
* Coming events: Annual Rethinking Psychiatry Film Festival; Alien Boy: The Life and Death of James Chasse Premieres at Portland International Film Festival at Cinema 21; Introduction to Open Dialogue Approach to First Episode Psychosis
Besides other news there are a variety of listings of meetings, services, support groups, job opportunities and more.