Oregon State Hospital Advisory Board meeting
What: Public meeting of the Oregon State Hospital Advisory Board
When: Thursday, July 15, 1 to 5 p.m.
Where: Brooks Conference Room, Oregon State Hospital, 2600 Center Street NE, Salem, Oregon 97301, Building 29 Administration
Details: This is the eighth meeting of the Oregon State Hospital Advisory Board. Members include consumers, providers, advocates, legislators, community members, consumer families and OSH union members.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided as needed for individuals requesting assistive hearing devices, sign language interpreters or large-print materials. Individuals needing these types of accommodations should call DHS at 1-800-282-8096 at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
Oregon State Hospital Advisory Board members include the following:
• Mike Adelman, Salem, former state hospital patient
• Beckie Child, Portland, mental health advocate and president of Mental Health America of Oregon;
• Nona Clarke, Hillsboro, former state hospital patient
• Dr. Robin Henderson, Bend, director of behavioral health services at St. Charles Medical Center
• Corbett Monica, Sandy, executive director of Dual Diagnosis Anonymous of Oregon, a peer support program for persons recovering from mental illness and substance abuse
• Herbert Ozer, Portland, administrator of behavioral health services at Providence Health and Services
• Janet Spinosa, Salem, mother of a state hospital patient
• Deborah Weston, Portland, staff attorney for the Oregon Law Center
Non-voting members include:
• State Senator Peter Courtney
• Brant Johnson, Salem, state hospital mental health therapist
• Dr. Lorraine Skach, Keizer, state hospital psychiatrist
• Frank Warner Jr., Keizer, state hospital nurse
• State Representative Carolyn Tomei