OHSU Grand Rounds presents on April 19
Dave Kinzie, M.D. – Professor, Department of Psychiatry/OHSU
At the end of the presentation participants will be able to:
* discuss multiple traumas of refugees
* describe psychiatric and medical effects of trauma experienced by refugees
* list effective therapeutic techniques to restore humanity to refugees impacted by torture
* discuss methods of becoming an effective listener and supporter to individuals who have experienced multiple traumas and how these methods affects the participants interactions with his or her own clients or patients
OHSU Department of Psychiatry Grand Rounds are Noon to 1 PM – 1st, 3rd, and 4th Tuesdays
8B60, 8th Floor, OHSU Hospital (unless otherwise noted)
Psychiatry Grand Rounds provides continuing medical education for the target audience.
The goals of Grand Rounds are
- To enable discussion that both is about and involves the patient so the physician can better understand the depth of one’s mental illness.
- Explore the history of certain policies and procedures in place for handling mentally ill patients and what can happen to improve care and treatment that they receive.
- To better explain and expand on various forms of mental illness and how treatment should be approached and practiced by the clinician.