Here’s the September 2012 edition of Eyes & Ears, a mental health consumer run newsletter for consumers, their friends & family and mental health professionals.
Download and read the September 2012 issue at:
Included in this issue:
* News on the Department of Justice Report on Portland Police
* Mental health in Oregon: State has more work to do
* Oregon health reform news
* Margaret Brayden retires as NAMI Multnomah Executive Director
* Free Peer Support Specialist Training
* Extra on the online version with links: Lukus Glenn verdict of $2.5 million ‘moment of accountability’ for Washington County; Oregon’s great health care experiment: State puts $240 million on the line with coordinated care; Oregon to receive $4.2 million in Risperdal illegal marketing settlement; and a lot more
* Coming Events: FolkTime art exhibit at the Portland Center for the Performing Arts; Wireman Project Waffle Brunch; 2012 Portland Out of the Darkness Community Walk; New documentary film: Bill W..;Alternatives Conference 2012 and OCSC Statewide Gathering preceding the conference in October and OCSC teleconferences.
Besides other news there are a variety of listings of meetings, services, support groups, job opportunities and more.