Here’s the October 2012 edition of Eyes & Ears, a mental health consumer run newsletter for consumers, their friends & family and mental health professionals.
Download and read the October 2012 issue at:
Included in this issue:
* Health care program for mentally ill starts through two Portland nonprofits
* Museum shares stories of patients, care
* Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) contacts – Section 8 Voucher Waiting List opens
* OCSC Meeting of Consumers & Survivors from across Oregon works on 2013 legislative action plan
* News on the Portland Police and DOJ negotiating on police reform
* CCC Announces Partnership with My Street Grocery
* Extra on the online version with links: Preparing for New Cost-Saving, Health-Enhancing Workers on the Care team; Neuroleptic Taper in a Clinical Practice: Oregon Legislature could address Section 8 discrimination if Democrats control house: and a lot more
* Coming Events: Feast for Southeast Thanksgiving dinner and more.
Besides other news there are a variety of listings of meetings, services, support groups, job opportunities and more.