Here’s the May 2012 edition of Eyes & Ears, a mental health consumer run newsletter for consumers, their friends & family and mental health professionals.
Download and read the May 2012 issue at:
Included in this issue:
* FolkTime Looks to Expand Peer Support Services for Veterans
* Central City Concern has head start on new law
* Shelley Dixon Shares Her Story
* Developing Policies and Practices for Medication Optimization by Robert Nikkel, MSW
* DOJ investigating 17 police, sheriff departments – including Portland, Oregon
* Consumer Advocates Create Watchdog Group to Monitor CCO Developement; and other CCO news
* BoltBus, launching May 17th, offers rides to Seattle for $7
* Extra on the online version with links: National Survey on Abuse of People with Disabilities; Part 1: The Development of WRAP; Impossible Choices: Thinking about mental health issues from a Buddhist Perspective; DSM-5 news; The Art of Seeing Depression; Is the FDA violating its own mandate to approve safe drugs?; Group wants ‘fair shake’ from state psychiatric security board; and more
* Coming Events: NAMI Walk; Downtown Compassion health clinic; Centerstone Grand Opening; Alternatives Conference coming to Portland and more
Besides other news there are a variety of listings of meetings, services, support groups, job opportunities and more.