Here’s the March 2012 edition of Eyes & Ears, a mental health consumer run newsletter for consumers, their friends & family and mental health professionals.
Download and read the March 2012 issue at:
Included in this issue:
* Thank You Donors To Eyes and Ears!!
* Empowerment Initiatives Provides Peer Specialists for Innovative New Centerstone Clinic
* Federal Authorities Hear Concerns About Portland Police’s Use of Force
* Budget Rebalance Largely Spares Oregon Health Authority
* State Hospital Nears Finish of New Facility
* Major health reform bill passes with bipartisan vote in Oregon House
* Generative Narratives and the Counterculture Psychiatrists
* Extra on the online version with links:Criminalizing the Homeless Costs Us All; Oregon Health Care Picks Up Where Obama Left Off; ; more State Hospital news; Portland Housing Bureau Awards $9 Million to 3 Low-Income Housing Developments; MHAP’s Media Guide gets more play; and more
* Coming Events: Rethinking Psychiatry’s 2nd Annual Symposium Call for Proposals; Alternatives Conference 2012; and more
Besides other news there are a variety of listings of meetings, services, support groups, job opportunities and more.