Download and read the March 2011 issue at:
Contact the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Included in this issue:
* Oregon lawmakers get to work on state mental health reforms
* Assessing the need for state hospital beds
* Only scratching the surface on mental health system issues
* Crisis training for all police is not a ‘flaw’
* Squatters in the United States
* Media Guide – Your Language Matters When Writing About Mental Illness
* NorthStar news; job openings in their program and another NAMI program
* Extra on the online version with links: Building a better mental health system; articles on Oregon State Hospital and the Portland police and a story on clinics that help the pets of the homeless. Also a video of From the Inside Out theater group.
Besides other news there are a variety of listings of meetings, services, support groups, job opportunities and more.
Read prior issues of Eyes & Ears by clicking here.