Here’s the July 2012 edition of Eyes & Ears, a mental health consumer run newsletter for consumers, their friends & family and mental health professionals.
Download and read the July 2012 issue at:
Included in this issue:
* Supreme Court Ruling Met With Relief in Oregon
* Mental health group says combat PTSD deserves Purple Heart
* OHSU’s Richmond clinic in Southeast Portland wins federal funds to expand services
* Changes to Oregon health reforms lead to delay by Portland-area Medicaid group
* Governor Kitzhaber Meets With Mental Health Consumer/Psychiatric Survivor Leaders About Healthcare Transformation
* Your Input Welcome For 2012 Alternatives Keynote Speech – SURVEY
* GUEST VIEWPOINT: Mental hospital needs discussion, not construction
* Extra on the online version with links: Glaxo Agrees to Pay $3 Billion in Fraud Settlement; Arbitrator tells Portland it must dismiss suspensions of two cops involved in Chasse case; State Will Use Federal Grant to Expand 211 Health Resource Referrals; Blue Mountain Recovery Center Still On The Ropes; and a lot more.
* Coming Events: Peer Workshops at Clackamas County urgent walk-in clinic; Wireman Project presents
For the Love of Art; Movies & Concerts in the Parks; Alternatives Conference 2012 and OCSC Statewide Gathering preceding the conference in October.
Besides other news there are a variety of listings of meetings, services, support groups, job opportunities and more.