Here’s the January 2013 edition of Eyes & Ears, a mental health consumer run newsletter
for consumers, their friends & family and mental health professionals.
Download and read the January 2013 issue at:
Online Reading Version of Eyes & Ears – with links
Contact the editor at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Included in this issue:
* Federal court judge wants public input on the negotiated Portland-federal justice agreement on police reforms
* Oregon Health Authority Joins Portland Police on DOJ Watchlist
* Recovery-Oriented Research Funded by Mental Healthcare Foundation
* Federal Benefit Paper Checks to Stop in 2013, Sign Up for Direct Deposit
* David W. Oaks’ Message To the World: “Cracking the Nut of Normality”
* How 7 Historic Figures Overcame Depression
* Extra on the online version with links: Rejection, bullying are risk factors among shooters; Medicaid Expansion Offers Richer Benefits to 200,000 Oregonians; CNN’s Dr. Gupta on Trauma, SSRIs, Suicides & School Shooting; and more
* Coming events: Open Dialogue workshop and free film showing; Alien Boy premiers at Film Festival;
Rethinking Psychiatry talk on the benefits of acupuncture for treating trauma and PTSD
Besides other news there are a variety of listings of meetings, services, support groups, job opportunities and more.