Here’s the April 2013 edition of Eyes & Ears, a mental health consumer run newsletter for consumers, their friends & family and mental health professionals.
Download and read the April 2013 issue at:
Contact the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Included in this issue:
* Senate Bill 823 Outlines Courtney’s Vision for Mental Health
* Portland police select about 50 officers to get special crisis intervention training
* Tomei Puts Weight Behind Community Mental Health Housing
* The Changing Face of NAMI
* Once a ‘Cuckoo’s Nest,’ Now a Museum
* The American Lie; Public Radio Errs on Disability
* Extra on the online version with links: DOJ Settlement Aims to Improve Mental Health Treatment; We Are the Safety Net coalition fights to maintain city funding through tough budget; The limits of lithium, and the hunt for a better alternative; and a lot more
* Coming events: Music & Art for the Mind – A gala benefit for NorthStar; 2013 NAMIWalk Northwest; Care Connection 2013; 20th Annual Career Connections Job Fair
Besides other news there are a variety of listings of meetings, services, support groups, job opportunities and more.