Download and read the September 2010 issue here.
Included in this issue:
* MHAO Awarded Three Year Grant for Statewide Expansion of the Oregon Peer Employment Network
* Project Director Needed for Oregon Peer Employment Network Project
* Treatment Key to ending prison cycle
* Video of Robert Whitaker’s lecture at Powell’s
* New report labels Oregon State Hospital ‘rudderless’
* Want a brain boost? Try meditation, according to researchers
* Flashback to 1973: Proposed state mental health program concentrates on prevention
* NAMI Highlights Meditation, Yoga and Other “Mindfulness” Practices for Mental Illness
* Pharma ventures into online marketing
* OCSC Annual Strategic Planning Retreat October
* Portland Hearing Voices Event – Building Momentum: A Gathering of Organizers for a Forum on Economic Human Rights in Portland
* Prescription Drug Turn-in event, Oregon Health Reform forums, Volunteer Expo & more
Besides other news there are a variety of listings of meetings, services, support groups, job opportunities and more.